DA2D-028-003D CLASS 26 024 BR BLUE FYE W/SCOTTIE DOG (DCC-FITTED) DAPOL
The British Rail Class 26 diesel locomotives, also known as the BRCW Type 2, were built by the Birmingham Railway Carriage & Wagon Company (BRCW) at Smethwick in 1958-59. Forty seven examples were built, and the last were withdrawn from service in 1994. Like their higher-powered sisters, the BRCW Classes 27 and 33, they had all-steel bodies and cab ends with fibreglass cab roofs. They were numbered D5300-D5346.
The Birmingham Railway Carriage and Wagon Company was a rolling stock manufacturer, although they were building diesel multiple units for BR. The first standalone locomotives made by the company were produced in 1956-57.
These great little models feature lots of details including external pipe work, directional lighting, and finely printed external logos and numbering.
- All wheel drive and pick up
- RP25.72 darkened wheels with pin point bearings
- Detailed body with etched grills and separately fitted handrails
- Heavy split frame chassis for excellent running and haulage qualities
- Independently controllable directional lights and headcode box lighting
- 5 pole Super creep motor with controlled pulling power and incredible slow running speed
||5 (1957 - 1966)
||2 Rail DCC
|LENGTH OVER BUFFER