The Tamiya 1/24 Lotus Europa Special plastic car model accurately recreates the real life racing car. This plastic car kit requires paint and glue to complete.
This is a re-issue of the Lotus Europa Special (previously Item 24212), with a number of updates to the kit. The Europa is a lightweight masterpiece of a sports car packed with features more likely seen on a racing car in its era: a sleek, low body, midship mounted engine and FRP frame components. Europa’s were manufactured between 1966 and 1972, and the Special was the final version of the car. It had a “big valve” 126hp 1,558cc four-cylinder engine, five-speed transmission and alloy wheels.
• 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 168mm, width: 73mm.
• With the removal of the hood, the engine can be viewed even after completion. It features twin carburetor, 5-speed transmission, and shift linkage in the rear, plus new air funnels.
• New parts: Rear wing and RS Watanabe option wheels.
• Features redesigned decals, plus new photo-etched parts (front grille) and seatbelt stickers.
• A realistic cockpit sports instrument panel, high backed seats, 3-spoke steering wheel, and short gear shift.
• Lotus logo, emblems and mirror surfaces are recreated by metal transfers.