R8214 Hornby Elite DCC Controller
The Hornby “Elite” Digital Controller is more than capable of answering the needs of most railway layouts – twin control with press dial function, 17 button alpha numeric keyboard, wide function LCD screen, four amp power, as well as having the capabilities of registering 254 locomotive addresses as well as 255 solenoid powered accessory addresses (including point control), plus a USB portal for linking to a Personal Computer.
The Hornby “Elite” unit is an ideal way for the enthusiast to take their train control to a new and advanced level.
The following are just some of the many features and benefits that the Hornby “Elite” Digital Control has to offer:
- Controls up to 10 trains simultaneously, provided the necessary power is available.
- The 4 amp power supply included allows for up to nine locomotives (providing power is available) to be running at any one time.
- The four amp power supply allows for 3 amps to the track with 1 amp to the accessory outlet.
- Incorporates 128 speed steps for smooth control of locomotives.
- Can programme locomotives with up to 99 levels of acceleration / deceleration.
- The “Elite” Unit supports up to thirteen functions per locomotive if required.
- Able to programme up to 254 locomotives or other items containing a locomotive decoder and 255 points or other items that rely on a solenoid for operation. Eg. Electrically operated signals, electrically operated uncouplers and point motors.
- The “Elite” accommodates decoders that incorporate a functioning feed back system.
- Supports XpressNet protocol.
- A PC interface socket allows for the upload of new firmware and the use of third party applications.
- Uncontrolled 15V DC analogue accessory outlet.
- An LCD screen supports alpha numeric information input.
- External boosters can be supported through the XpressNet port or by direct connection to the booster outputs. A standard RJ12 six-way cable can be used to connect the Select to a booster which has an RJ12 socket).
- Up to 8 “Select” units can be connected to the “Elite” for individual control of 9 locomotives providing power is available.
- The “Select” can be used as a Walkabout Unit when connected to the Hornby “Elite” Digital Unit.
- The “Elite” unit is Railcom® Lenz Syztems enabled. This communication (occupancy detection) method between a locomotive and controller will not function until the necessary software becomes available. This exciting development enables messages to be sent back to a PC via the XpressNet port. Railcom allows communication from the locomotive to the controller. Occupancy detection and the relaying of location information to a controller and from a controller to a PC will require occupancy detection hardware and a change to the specification of XpressNet and Railcom.
- Separate Programming Track Outlet
- The “Elite” is capable of speed profiling locomotives for “double heading”.